Have you ever wondered how to balance out a whole rabbit? This recipe does just that! No grains, no synthetic vitamins and minerals and it meets minimum AAFCO requirements for adult dogs.
NOTE: This food is for adult dogs only.
Makes 5.1 pounds of raw food. This is roughly a 2-3 day supply for a 50 pound dog. You may need to adjust the daily amount based on your dog’s breed and activity level.
Raw Rabbit, Chicken & Beef Dog Food Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 pounds rabbit (typical whole rabbit carcass)
- 1 pound chicken heart
- 1/4 pound beef liver
- 4 pastured eggs
- 8 ounces (2 stalks) broccoli
- 1/2 ounce (1 cup) chopped spinach
- 6 ounces (1 small clamshell package) blueberries or mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cranberries)
- 2 grams (1 tsp) green lipped mussel powder
Cut the rabbit into small pieces, feed whole or grind it with the liver and heart.
Puree the broccoli, spinach, berries and green lipped mussel powder in a food processor.
Mix the heart, liver, egg and veggie/berry mix together. Also include the rabbit if ground or in small pieces.
Place the mixture into smaller containers and place them in your freezer. It’s best to freeze your food in 1-3 day portions.
The ingredients in this recipe have been carefully chosen to meet AAFCO minimum nutrition requirements for adult dogs. Don’t replace ingredients or vary the amounts too much … this may unbalance the food. The berries are optional but all other ingredients need to be in the recipe in the listed amounts.
In general, dogs should eat about 2-3% of their body weight daily in raw food. Here’s a rough guide for this recipe:
10 lb dog: Recipe will make an 8 day supply
25 lb dog: Recipe will make a 4 day supply
50 lb dog: Recipe will make a 2-3 day supply
75 lb dog: Recipe will make a 2 day supply
100 lb dog: Recipe will make a 1.5 day supply
Typical analysis on a caloric basis:
- Calories per pound: 461.5
- Protein: 14.38%
- Fat: 5.36%
- Ash: 2.16%
- Moisture: 75.87%
- Fiber: 0.56%
- Carbohydrate: 1.66%
- Total fat: 52.73 g/kg
- Saturated fat: 15.77 g/kg
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.63 g/kg
- Polyunsaturated fat: 15.52 g/kg
- Omega-6/omega-3: 9.9:1
- Omega-6/omega-3 with Safe-Sea: 6.9:1
- Calcium: 5.76 g/kg
- Phosphorus: 3.74 g/kg
- Ca:P Ratio: 1.54:1
- Potassium: 2.34 g/kg
- Sodium: 0.66 g/kg
- Magnesium: 0.30 g/kg
- Iron: 24.62 mg/kg
- Copper: 5.71 mg/kg
- Manganese: 2.83 mg/kg
- Zinc: 27.14 mg/kg
- Selenium: 0.28 mg/kg
- Vitamin A: 13,219.54 IU/kg
- Vitamin C: 99.41 mg/kg
- Vitamin D: 139.90 IU/kg
- Thiamine (B1): 1.00 mg/kg
- Riboflavin (B2): 5.29 mg/kg
- Niacin (B3): 71.58 mg/kg
- Pantothenic Acid (B5): 12.78 mg/kg
- Pyridoxine (B6): 8.33 mg/kg
- Vitamin B12: 0.06 mg/kg
- Folic Acid: 0.49 mg/kg