If there’s one thing Dogs Naturally doesn’t put up with, it’s feeding dogs crap, like kibble.
I know that’s a bold statement, and if you’re new to the neighborhood … welcome! You’re going to hear a lot of this.
Now … we’re so passionate about feeding dogs a fresh, raw diet, that we created a whole conference around it.
We just wrapped up our 6th annual Raw Roundup event.
Funny story actually. We almost canned Raw Roundup altogether last year … thinking maybe you’d had enough of it. Turns out, it’s a huge hit with you dog owners.
So, back by popular demand … Raw Roundup returned in style!
If you missed it this year, we had a killer Keynote kick-off on Day 1.
Homeopath Julie Anne Lee got things started with her recipe for your dog’s best possible health.
Now, this isn’t your Granny’s peach pie recipe. It’s a total look into your dog’s cell health … and what that means when it comes to nutrition and lifestyle.
Stay with me, because this gets important …
I’m going to give you the four ingredients in Julie Anne’s balanced health recipe your dog needs … but you have to know this first:
Your Dog Has Cells. They Make Him Live.
I have cells, you have cells, your dog has cells. Trillions of them. Here are some of the things they do:
- Provide structure for the body
- Take in nutrients from food
- Convert nutrients into energy
- Carry out specialized functions
More than 50 billion cells die in the body every day. There’s a finely-tuned biological mechanism called programmed cell death. If it didn’t exist, we’d have more disastrous diseases like cancer and autoimmunity (too little cell death) … or degenerative diseases (too much cell death).
So, you need to keep your dog’s cells healthy. That happens through something called homeostasis.
Homeostasis is the body’s way of staying balanced, whatever’s going on in and around it. Homeostasis helps your dog adjust to all the variables – and that includes his diet and environment.
Julie Anne’s recipe for cell health helps keep your dog’s body in balance.
There are four ingredients that do this … so let’s talk about them. This is really getting back to nature with your dog.
Ingredient #1 Comes From The Ground. It IS The Ground. It’s SOIL.
Dr Linus Pauling said, “you can trace every sickness or disease to a mineral deficiency.”
Historical minerals are vital. We used to get them through our food. But because of soil depletion, your dog needs additional minerals … yep, even if you feed as much fresh, local food as possible.
Here’s the sad truth … it’s super-hard to find good mineral supplements.
- Most high-quality ones contain fewer than 40 minerals (that’s not many) and very few trace elements.
- Synthetic mineral supplements are another problem. They stay in the body too long and can become toxic.
But the right minerals … meaning organically-derived minerals … feed your dog’s cells.
And these minerals have another benefit. They can remove toxins like heavy metals from the body. That’s called chelation.
How do you get these minerals for your dog? You reach for something powerful …
Humic And Fulvic Acids – and whatever that means!
Humic acid is a powerhouse material that comes from deep inside the earth. It contains organic minerals from primal living fruits, vegetables
Fulvic acid is sometimes called the king of soil-based minerals. It came from sea vegetation 200 feet deep in the earth … millions of years ago, when the ice age covered mineral rich sea-beds.
Fulvic and humic acids work on a cellular level. They …
- Stop toxins and viruses from attaching to the cell
- Fight inflammation
- Help stop malignant cell growth
- Regulate disease
- Replenish nutrient levels
- Boost the gut and immunity by getting rid of toxic intruders
And speaking of the gut … here’s something else that can really help your dog’s cells stay healthy. It’s a new type of probiotic supplement known as SBOs.
SBOs – Soil-Based Organisms
SBOs are also called spore-forming bacteria. They can “seed” the digestive tract with bacteria … bacteria that grow and help balance your dog’s microbiome.
In a lot of ways, they’re better than other probiotic bacteria like Lactobacillus.
- Live indefinitely at room temperature (in desiccated form)
- Survive the acidity of a dog’s stomach to reach the small intestinal intact
- Work better for sensitive dogs (like dogs with allergies) than traditional probiotics
- Colonize the gut more effectively than lactic acid bacteria
- Benefit dogs who’ve had a lot of antibiotics
- Help with chronic digestive issues
- Produce natural bacteriocins that limit opportunistic or harmful bacteria
- Are the only probiotic Julie Anne recommends for dogs with yeast
Let’s move on to the next ingredient … a wet and salty one!
Ingredient #2 Covers More Than 70% Of The Planet. It’s SEA.
Bring the power of the sea to your dog with an ancient superfood. That superfood is phytoplankton. It’s the basic source of nutrition and food for the entire ocean. Here are some of its amazing properties:
- Rich in omega-3s. (Did you know fish have omega-3s because that they eat phytoplankton?)
- A whole food, not a supplement. It’s a single-cell organism with trace minerals, chlorophyll, essential amino acids, omega-3, protein, carotenoids, antioxidants
- Bioavailability: it’s absorbed through the mucous membranes. So it’s ideal for sick dogs who can’t absorb nutrients. It doesn’t need to go through the digestive system to start working.
- Powerful antioxidant. Some strains of phytoplankton contain a ton of SOD – Super Oxide Dismutase. It’s called “the king of antioxidants” and can help slow aging by fighting free radicals.
If you want to give your dog phytoplankton, make sure you choose one that’s:
- Tested free of radiation, heavy metals and other toxins
- Sustainably grown on land … not detrimental to ocean life
- Non-GMO and vegan
- Has no fillers
- Is high in SOD
So, we’ve covered Soil and Sea. The third ingredient is much easier to get …
Ingredient #3 Is Free! It’s AIR.
Of course we can’t live without air. But it’s not only about basic breathing for survival.
Research shows that deep breathing and exercise improve cell health. Movement benefits just about everything in the body:
- Develops muscles (including anti-gravity muscles)
- Strengthens arteries, makes them more elastic
- Mineralizes and strengthens bones
- Stimulates skin cells
- Supports vestibular cells of the inner ear
- Tightens ligaments
- Keeps the lymphatic system moving
- Stimulates the brain
- Improves vision
- Boosts white blood cells and immunity
- Reduces cancer risk
So give your dog plenty of vigorous exercise and play! Ideally about two hours a day. But even if it’s only 30 minutes, try to keep your dog active and busy at other times too. Get a dog walker, send him to doggie daycare, or invite his friends over for a playdate. Stimulating activities can help your dog thrive and enjoy life!
And finally, no dog’s life can be healthy or complete without the final ingredient …
Ingredient #4 – All Your Dog Needs Is … LOVE.
You love your dog and treat him like a family member. And when you openly show him that love, there are physical benefits too – for you and him!
Just like the gaze between a mother and her infant … when you gaze into your dog’s eyes, the body releases oxytocin. Oxytoxin is the feel-good hormone.
Here’s what it can do for your dog:
- Relieve stress
- Decrease cortisol
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Help with anxiety, post-traumatic stress, depression
- May help with cancer prevention and treatment
As you can see, when we incorporate the use of unaltered, non-genetically modified minerals, begin to integrate things that are part of our inherent gifts like love hormones, exercise and air, we can support the natural physiology of the body, just like the physiology of nature, and keep our dogs healthy, happy, balanced and thriving on this amazing planet we share.