Here’s a recipe you just have to try for your dog!
You may have heard of the benefits of turmeric for your dog. If you haven’t, then here are all the amazing benefits of this colorful spice:
- It’s a powerful antioxidant
- It’s a natural and effective anti-inflammatory
- It can help prevent and even treat cancer
- It protects the liver from toxins
- And much more!
For more great benefits and the scientific research behind turmeric and curcumin, click here.
How To Make Turmeric Golden Paste For Dogs
Australian veterinarian Dr Doug English has seen great results with a turmeric recipe he developed called Golden Paste. Here is his recipe:
Giving Turmeric Golden Paste To Your Dog
You can add the Golden Paste directly to your dog’s meals by mixing it with some water or kefir. Most dogs don’t mind the taste at all!
- Small dogs should start with about 1/4 teaspoon per day
- Medium dogs can start with 1/2 teaspoon per day
- Large dogs can start with 3/4 teaspoon per day
- Giant dogs can start with 1 teaspoon per day
The suggested dosage to work up to is approximately 15 to 20 mg per pound of body weight. An easier way to think about this is 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon per day, for every 10lbs of weight (1/2 – 1 tsp for a 40lbs dog). You can do this over a few weeks.
TIP: Turmeric leaves the body quickly, so it’s best to feed smaller amounts a few times a day.
So try making some Golden Paste today and drop us a note on the Dogs Naturally Facebook Page with your pictures and success story!
EXTRA: Adding turmeric to your dog’s food is a solid way to help prevent cancer in your dog. Turmeric is a MUST HAVE for any dog’s diet! Find out why … Click here