Here’s a recipe you just have to try for your dog!
You may have heard of the benefits of turmeric for your dog. If you haven’t, then here are all the amazing benefits of this colorful spice:
- It’s a powerful antioxidant
- It’s a natural and effective anti-inflammatory
- It can help prevent and even treat cancer
- It protects the liver from toxins
- And much more!
For more great benefits and the scientific research behind turmeric and curcumin, click here.
How To Make Turmeric Golden Paste For Dogs
Australian veterinarian Dr Doug English has seen great results with a turmeric recipe he developed called Golden Paste. Here is his recipe:
- 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder (make sure it’s organic turmeric to be sure it contains a lot of curcumin)
- 1 -11/2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (grind organic black peppercorns in a coffee grinder or magic bullet)
- 1/4 cup organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- Mix the turmeric with the water in a pan.
- Start with 1 cup water and add more only if needed.
- Stir the liquid on medium/low heat and in about 1 to 10 minutes, it should form a thick paste.
- If your paste looks watery, just add a bit more turmeric and heat it for another couple minutes.
- Once you’ve got a paste, add the pepper and the oil, then stir it very well.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then place it in a jar with a lid and store it in your fridge. Ideally, you should store the paste for no more than two weeks … after that you’ll want to make a fresh batch.
Giving Turmeric Golden Paste To Your Dog
You can add the Golden Paste directly to your dog’s meals by mixing it with some water or kefir. Most dogs don’t mind the taste at all!
Start with about ¼ to ½ tsp, depending on the size of your dog. You can increase the amount from there, up to about a Tbsp for larger dogs.
TIP: Turmeric leaves the body quickly, so it’s best to feed smaller amounts a few times a day.
So try making some Golden Paste today and drop us a note on the Dogs Naturally Facebook Page with your pictures and success story!
EXTRA: Adding turmeric to your dog’s food is a solid way to help prevent cancer in your dog. Turmeric is a MUST HAVE for any dog’s diet! Find out why … Click here