What else does your dog need this Valentine’s Day other than hugs and kisses? A doughnut pupcake of course!
Your dog will love this nourishing and doggylicious doughnut pupcake recipe and best of all, it’s good for them!
Serves: Serving size and quantity will depend on the portion size suitable for your dog.
Total time to prepare the dish: 30 minutes
- 1 cup raw chicken mince or ground beef (225g/ 8oz)
- ¼ cup carrot, finely diced (40g /1½ oz)
- ¼ cup courgette (zucchini), finely diced (40g /1½ oz)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Beetroot juice
- In a bowl, combine the chicken mince/ground beef, carrot, courgette, flaxseed and coconut flour.
- Allow the mix to stand in a refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll the mix into balls (an appropriate portion size for your dog). Using your finger, press into the centre of the ball until it creates a hole and the pupcake forms a doughnut shape. To make the cross (kiss) shape, mould a V shape on all four sides using your fingers.
- Refrigerate doughnuts for 10 minutes before icing.
- For the icing, combine melted coconut oil and coconut flour in a bowl. To create pink icing, add beetroot juice. For chocolate coloured icing, add 1-2 teaspoons carob powder.
- Dip each doughnut into the icing mix, remove and allow it to set. Repeat once.
- Serve to your dog at mealtime. Doughnuts can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
[Related: Want more Raw Treat Recipes? Check them out here]