- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raw ground beef
- 1 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 2 free range eggs
What To Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9” baking pan
- Hydrate the quinoa flakes with the warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to form a thick “batter.”
- Transfer to a greased 9” baking dish and smooth out evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes, or until it is slightly crispy on the top.
- Cool thoroughly and slice into individual bars before serving.
- You can store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Quinoa is often referred to as an ancient grain, but it’s technically not a grain at all: it’s a seed. Quinoa is super-food that’s connected to the spinach family and was a staple in the ancient Incan diet thousands of years ago. More recently, quinoa has been recognized by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as a food with an important role in worldwide food security because of its high nutritive value and impressive biodi- versity.
Quinoa is a complete source of protein, with a full spectrum of amino acids. Quinoa is also packed with iron, magnesium and manganese as well as the B vitamin Riboflavin, and Lysine, which is es- sential for tissue repair, and fiber.
This recipe comes from our September 2014 Dogs Naturally Magazine issue!